Safety will be a top priority at Tournament of Roses Parade

The 130th Tournament of Roses Parade is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Tournament of Roses CEO and Executive Director David Eads says safety and security for parade participants and spectators is one of their top priorities.

“We work very closely with the Pasadena Police Department and all the different agencies throughout the county, be it the Highway Patrol, be it L.A. County Sheriff’s; also Federal agencies, Homeland Security and FBI. They all worked as a coordinated team to develop the security plan that we have for this year’s parade and insure that people can come out, have a terrific celebration, enjoy time with their families, but do it in a very safe environment.”

The parade route will be closed early to vehicular traffic to enhance public safety starting at noon on December 31 through 2 p.m. on January 1 along Colorado Blvd., from Orange Grove Blvd. to Sierra Madre Blvd., and northbound on Sierra Madre to Paloma St.

Prohibited items along the parade route include: weapons, sticks, poles, drones, glass bottles and any items which may cause injury or interfere with the parade or spectators’ enjoyment of the parade.

David Eads was a guest on McIntyre in the Morning.

By Sandy Wells

KABC News

Update from the Bahamas as heard on the Morning Drive

Update from the Bahamas as heard on the Morning Drive

Kimberly Mullings reporting from Freeport, Bahamas described the surreal conditions wrought by Hurricane Dorian on Grand Bahama Island. She told Jillian and John about “seeing people leaving literally in their underwear trying to seek shelter … Some people have three story homes and they had to hang out in their attics for over 24 hours.…Continue Reading

West Texas gunman was fired from job hours before massacre.

West Texas gunman was fired from job hours before massacre.

By Faith Karimi, Ed Lavandera and Christina Maxouris, CNN The 36-year-old gunman who left seven people dead in a West Texas killing rampage had been fired from his job hours before the massacre began, The New York Times reported, citing unnamed officials. CNN is working to learn more details, but authorities have repeatedly cautioned that they have yet…Continue Reading