Rose Parade brings in the New Year in So Cal

The Rose Parade will bring in the New Year here in Southern California.
Paul Little, President and CEO of the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce says it’s a big win for the area.
“Regionally, it’s a 170 million dollars that visitors for New Year’s pour into the Greater L.A. area.”
The parade and the Rose Bowl Game also provides 2,100 year-round jobs in the area. Last year, 700,000 people attended the parade, many of them coming from out of town.
“It’s still on a lot of people’s bucket list to see it in person, and those of us who have seen it in person, it is such a different experience, no matter how large your television set might be; seeing the floats in person and the bands, the equestrians, is a unique experience.”
Paul Little was a guest on 790 KABC.
By Sandy Wells
KABC News

 

The Ridgecrest Quake-3% Chance of a Mag 7 Again this Week Says USGS

The Ridgecrest Quake-3% Chance of a Mag 7 Again this Week Says USGS

Updated: Ridgecrest quake damage not as severe as first thought…There is a high probability that more aftershocks will follow; There are no reports of serious damage in Los Angeles related to tonight’s earthquake. No infrastructure damage or injuries have been reported in Beverly Hills, Costa Mesa, Glendale, Long Beach and Santa Monica. Continue Reading

Trump on possible Iran response: You’ll find out.

Trump on possible Iran response: You’ll find out.

President Donald Trump speaks to the media in the wake of Iran shooting down an American drone. By Joshua Berlinger, Mohammed Tawfeeq, Barbara Starr, Shirzad Bozorgmehr and Frederik Pleitgen, CNN Iran shot down a United States military drone on Thursday, further escalating the already volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East. Iran’s Revolutionary Guard…Continue Reading

The Trump Administration is cutting almost one-billion dollars from federal funding for California’s high-speed rail.

The Trump Administration is cutting almost one-billion dollars from federal funding for California’s high-speed rail.

  http://images.tritondigitalcms.com/6616/sites/320/2019/05/16144006/Rail-Cash-V1-KT.mp3 By Kevin Tripp, KABC The US Department of Transportation says they’re cutting the funds because California is failing to make progress on the project. They’re halting a 929-million dollar grant that’s part of a 2010 agreement. Governor Gavin Newsom says the decision is illegal. The Trump Administration is also considering asking California to…Continue Reading