Ivanka Trump says she knew ‘almost nothing’ about Trump Tower Moscow project

08 FEB 19 08:54 ET

(CNN) — Ivanka Trump says in a new interview that she knew “literally almost nothing” about the Trump Tower Moscow project that’s become a central focus of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, adding that she has “zero concern” about the probe or the possibility that anyone close to her could be implicated.

“Are you concerned about anyone in your life that you love being involved?” ABC’s Abby Huntsman asked the President’s daughter and White House adviser in a taped interview that aired Friday on “Good Morning America.”

“No. I’m not,” Trump said. “I’m really not.”

Donald Trump’s real estate company was pursuing a proposed Trump Tower in Moscow while he was campaigning for the presidency, but Ivanka Trump said she knew “literally almost nothing” about it.

“There was never a binding contract. I never talked to the — with a third party outside of the organization about it. It was one of — I mean, we could have had 40 or 50 deals like that, that were floating around, that somebody was looking at. Nobody visited it to see if it was worth our time. So this was not exactly like an advanced project,” Trump said.

“There’s nothing there, yet it’s created weeks and weeks and months of headlines,” she said. “So no, I have zero concern.”

She also downplayed doing business in Russia, arguing that it’s “not like it’s a strange thing” to have property in Russia.

“We’re not talking about Iran. It was Russia,” she said. “And we weren’t even advanced enough that anyone had even visited the prospective project site. So it really was just a non-factor in our minds. I’m not sure that anyone would have thought of it.”

Then-candidate Donald Trump signed a letter of intent in October 2015 to move forward with negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Russia, despite his attorney Rudy Giuliani’s claims late last year that the document was never signed. The project and the length of discussions around it have been subject to a changing narrative and is a key part of the legal saga facing Michael Cohen, the President’s former attorney. The project also came up in written questions that Trump answered for Mueller as a part of the broader investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

During the 2016 campaign, Donald Trump did not disclose that his company explored the business deal with Russia and instead repeatedly denied doing any business in Russia. He also spoke positively about Russian President Vladimir Putin and minimized Russia’s aggressive military moves around the world.

To date, the Mueller team has charged 37 individuals and entities. The President and those closest to him, including his son Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka’s husband Jared Kushner, have denied any wrongdoing as it relates to the investigation.

The-CNN-Wire
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

The Ridgecrest Quake-3% Chance of a Mag 7 Again this Week Says USGS

The Ridgecrest Quake-3% Chance of a Mag 7 Again this Week Says USGS

Updated: Ridgecrest quake damage not as severe as first thought…There is a high probability that more aftershocks will follow; There are no reports of serious damage in Los Angeles related to tonight’s earthquake. No infrastructure damage or injuries have been reported in Beverly Hills, Costa Mesa, Glendale, Long Beach and Santa Monica. Continue Reading

Trump on possible Iran response: You’ll find out.

Trump on possible Iran response: You’ll find out.

President Donald Trump speaks to the media in the wake of Iran shooting down an American drone. By Joshua Berlinger, Mohammed Tawfeeq, Barbara Starr, Shirzad Bozorgmehr and Frederik Pleitgen, CNN Iran shot down a United States military drone on Thursday, further escalating the already volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East. Iran’s Revolutionary Guard…Continue Reading

The Trump Administration is cutting almost one-billion dollars from federal funding for California’s high-speed rail.

The Trump Administration is cutting almost one-billion dollars from federal funding for California’s high-speed rail.

  http://images.tritondigitalcms.com/6616/sites/320/2019/05/16144006/Rail-Cash-V1-KT.mp3 By Kevin Tripp, KABC The US Department of Transportation says they’re cutting the funds because California is failing to make progress on the project. They’re halting a 929-million dollar grant that’s part of a 2010 agreement. Governor Gavin Newsom says the decision is illegal. The Trump Administration is also considering asking California to…Continue Reading