President Donald Trump officially kicked off his 2020 campaign at a rally in Orlando, Florida.

By Fredreka Schouten, CNN

President Donald Trump raised a massive $24.8 million for his reelection in less than 24 hours, a top Republican National Committee official announced Wednesday.

The one-day haul, announced on Twitter by RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, rivals the $30.3 million Trump’s campaign collected during the entire January-to-March fundraising quarter and underscores the President’s staggering financial advantage over the nearly two dozen Democrats scrambling to face him in next year’s general election.

Trump formally kicked off his 2020 campaign Tuesday night with a rally in Orlando, Florida.

Trump “raised a record breaking $24.8M in less than 24 hours for his reelection,” McDaniel wrote. “The enthusiasm across the country for this President is unmatched and unlike anything we’ve ever seen!”

McDaniel did not specify the exact day the campaign raised the money, but the single-day haul blows past the amounts raised by Democrats on the first day of their campaigns.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, for instance, announced he raised $6.3 million on the day he entered the competition for the Democratic presidential nomination. On Monday, Biden revealed that his total campaign haul may have grown to nearly $20 million since he joined the race in late April — an amount that surpasses what any Democrat seeking the White House raised during the first three months of the year.

Trump, who filed for reelection the day he was sworn into office, has used the early start to build a massive war chest. At the end of March — as the Democratic field was still taking shape — he and his joint fundraising operations with the Republican National Committee already had collected more than $100 million.

The second fundraising quarter of the year ends June 30.

 

 

 

Was there a second shooter at Las Vegas massacre?

Was there a second shooter at Las Vegas massacre?

A witness and respected attorney says a key factor in the 2017 Las Vegas outdoor concert massacre is being overlooked.  Attorney Brian Claypool was in the crowd at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival when the shots were fired. “I personally believe there was more than one shooter.” Claypool adds, “When you’re in the middle of a shooting,…Continue Reading

Update from the Bahamas as heard on the Morning Drive

Update from the Bahamas as heard on the Morning Drive

Kimberly Mullings reporting from Freeport, Bahamas described the surreal conditions wrought by Hurricane Dorian on Grand Bahama Island. She told Jillian and John about “seeing people leaving literally in their underwear trying to seek shelter … Some people have three story homes and they had to hang out in their attics for over 24 hours.…Continue Reading

West Texas gunman was fired from job hours before massacre.

West Texas gunman was fired from job hours before massacre.

By Faith Karimi, Ed Lavandera and Christina Maxouris, CNN The 36-year-old gunman who left seven people dead in a West Texas killing rampage had been fired from his job hours before the massacre began, The New York Times reported, citing unnamed officials. CNN is working to learn more details, but authorities have repeatedly cautioned that they have yet…Continue Reading