Manhattan Beach Tar Balls Traced to Santa Barbara County

Tar Balls that came ashore last month at Manhattan Beach have been traced to the oil spill off Santa Barbara County.

Testing on a tar ball recovered from Manhattan Beach has found it came from the oil spilled into the ocean off Refugio Beach.  There are over a hundred samples being tested by two independent laboratories to find the source of the oil.  Responding to the finding, South Bay congressman Ted Lieu expects Plains-All American Pipeline, owner of the broken pipeline will bear the added costs of the cleanup at Southern California beaches.  Tests are being performed to see if detergent, used to break up the oil slick off Refugio Beach, was present in the sample.   Tom Perumean, KABC NEWS.

The Ridgecrest Quake-3% Chance of a Mag 7 Again this Week Says USGS

The Ridgecrest Quake-3% Chance of a Mag 7 Again this Week Says USGS

Updated: Ridgecrest quake damage not as severe as first thought…There is a high probability that more aftershocks will follow; There are no reports of serious damage in Los Angeles related to tonight’s earthquake. No infrastructure damage or injuries have been reported in Beverly Hills, Costa Mesa, Glendale, Long Beach and Santa Monica. Continue Reading

Trump on possible Iran response: You’ll find out.

Trump on possible Iran response: You’ll find out.

President Donald Trump speaks to the media in the wake of Iran shooting down an American drone. By Joshua Berlinger, Mohammed Tawfeeq, Barbara Starr, Shirzad Bozorgmehr and Frederik Pleitgen, CNN Iran shot down a United States military drone on Thursday, further escalating the already volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East. Iran’s Revolutionary Guard…Continue Reading

The Trump Administration is cutting almost one-billion dollars from federal funding for California’s high-speed rail.

The Trump Administration is cutting almost one-billion dollars from federal funding for California’s high-speed rail.

  http://images.tritondigitalcms.com/6616/sites/320/2019/05/16144006/Rail-Cash-V1-KT.mp3 By Kevin Tripp, KABC The US Department of Transportation says they’re cutting the funds because California is failing to make progress on the project. They’re halting a 929-million dollar grant that’s part of a 2010 agreement. Governor Gavin Newsom says the decision is illegal. The Trump Administration is also considering asking California to…Continue Reading